It’s the time of year—weddings, proms, graduations and more. Now is the time to remind your guests that you can help them look and feel their best for important occasions. And while much of the attention goes to brides and women in general, there is a missed opportunity to talk to men about special occasion styling—after all, they have to look handsome as well! Here are a few modern styles you can style on your male guests and demonstrate how to replicate at-home for a big occasions.
Weddings are becoming more and more frequent with my circle of friends. I am always helping the grooms and groomsmen figure out the best way to wear their hair. Currently, many men are wearing a haircut that is short on the sides with a longer disconnected top. When styling for weddings, I suggest blow-drying this style to get the best end result.
- Prep damp hair with MITCH® Steady Grip® for a natural shine that keeps gents flake-free all night.
- Use a 407 Styling Brush to get maximum tension when blow drying the hair.
- Once the hair is dry, lightly mist the hair with Stay Strong® hairspray. This will give the style a firm-hold so they don’t look disheveled halfway through the night.
Prom is another huge event on the radar for young gentlemen—an event where they definitely want to look their best. Along with picking out the right suit, guys always have to make sure their hairstyle is something they will be proud of 20 years down the road when mom pulls the photo album out. Again, I can’t stress enough how important it is to blow dry hair for style longevity.
- Prep damp hair with Ultimate Wave® (this beachy-texture cream gel builds in a grit to the hair).
- Once the hair has been dried, apply a small amount of MITCH® Reformer. This stronghold/matte finish texturizer will give the hair a gritty modern finish.
A BIG WORK EVENT
An important work event calls for a great hairstyle. Sometimes these evenings are something guys look forward to and sometimes we have to motivate ourselves to get out there and be seen. Whichever one it is, guys want to own the evening with a great style and confidence.
- Prepare damp hair with a light mist of Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Spray®. This will aid in the blow dry process.
- Blow dry the hair with your fingers in an upward and backward motion for volume.
- Once the hair is dry, apply a small amount of Tea Tree Shaping Cream™ to create a light texture.
These three modern styles will help your male guests feel confident for any important occasion. Check out the complete MITCH and Tea Tree line-up to familiarize yourself with Take Home options for your male guests and ensure they have everything they need to re-create their salon style before their big night. And, encourage your guests to show us their big night out style with #OwnYourPM on Instagram.