Unofficially called “the party of the year,” the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute’s black-tie extravaganza—or Met Gala—is known for its famous guests. Officially, it’s the place to see avant-garde fashion and buzz-worthy beauty. Our very own Global Editorial & Digital Director Lucie Doughty had a golden ticket to the event, as she transformed actress Elizabeth Banks’ dark blonde hair to a radiant new shade of platinum blonde to debut on the red carpet!
To follow Lucie’s lustrous formula:
- Start with the Platinum Card technique using Dual Purpose Lightener + 30 volume on level 6 tinted hair.
- After the level 6 is lifted to a level 7, apply Dual Purpose Lightener + 10 volume through the ends.
- Once the mid-shaft and ends are lifted to a level 8, apply Synchro Lift + 20 volume to the base.
- Let hair process until everything has reached an even level 9.
- Rinse then treat with Awapuhi Wild Ginger® KeraTriplex® and HydraTriplex™ Treatments to restore strength and moisture.
- Tone with the Color XG® UTA + pea sized amount of UTV + 20 Volume for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo with Awapuhi Wild Ginger® Moisturizing Lather Shampoo®.
- Condition with Color Craft™ in Misty Violet (minimum strength) for 5 minutes.
Cover photo: ©Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock